Saturday, July 12, 2014

aln - mixed


I bought American Loraine, 200 shares, at .72 in December, 2013. I'm up nicely, but it's problematic. I love ALN. I love their product. I was so excited to find them. But, loving the product isn't, let's say, the most precise indicator. The long term chart has its positives, and so does the short term chart - I'm talking about right now, in July, 2014 - but there's also the possibility of a dip back to where I bought it. And the long term chart, though it has its positives, isn't extensively developed. One thing I'm looking for, and trying to learn to see, is fully developed patterns.

What I'm looking for is stocks that are very likely to go up a known amount, without much delay, and that are unlikely to go down. ALN is somewhat likely to go up, and somewhat likely to go down, so it doesn't fully qualify.

ALN is a good company, with a lovely product. If prices go down from here, it becomes a decent buy again. It just has more of the qualities of a long term position than a shorter term winner. If we want to profit, we need to find the shorter term winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment